Ep #84: Dr. Eric Trexler - Behind the Scenes of Supplement Research, CitMal vs Beet Root, & More
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm re-joined by Dr. Eric Trexler.
Eric holds a PhD in Human Movement Science from UNC-Chapel Hill. He also serves as the Director of Education for Stronger by Science and hosts the Stronger by Science podcast -- the "first fitness" podcast.
To top it off, Eric is also a prominent researcher, coach, and professional natural bodybuilder.
To watch the first interview with Dr. Trexler (Episode #37), click here.
In this episode, Eric and I discuss a wide array of topics, including:
- How "game changing" The Game Changers movie was for Eric?
- Why do some research studies take so long to get published?
- Ways to make research more accessible for the average individual
- Is the current model of submitting studies to research journals broken?
- Deep dive into Dr. Trexler's research comparing Citrulline Malate to Beet Root
- Does malic acid (malate) actually do anything for us?
- Do pre workout supplements make us work harder for the same result if the goal is hypertrophy?
- Is Citrulline Malate a "muscle building" supplement?
- and MORE
Where to Find Dr. Eric Trexler & Stronger By Science
Dr. Trexler IG: https://www.instagram.com/trexlerfitness/
Stronger By Science IG: https://www.instagram.com/officialstrongerbyscience/
Stronger By Science Website: https://www.strongerbyscience.com
Before You Go...
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!