Episode #37: Dr. Eric Trexler & Stronger by Science
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by Dr. Eric Trexler.
Eric holds a PhD in Human Movement Science from UNC-Chapel Hill. He also serves as the Director of Education for Stronger by Science and hosts the Stronger by Science podcast -- the "first fitness" podcast.
To top it off, Eric is also a prominent researcher, coach, and professional natural bodybuilder.
In this episode, Eric and I discuss a wide array of topics, including:
- Hosting the Stronger By Science podcast and "allowing" Greg Nuckols the privilege of co-hosting the show...sometimes.
- His current duties at Stronger by Science
- Caffeine in pre workouts and blunting the perception of pain
- Eric's love of all things coffee
- Eric's first experience with dietary supplements
- Reasonable expectations for supplement users
- Judging new supplements on a "scale from 0 to creatine monohydrate"
- Synergy between compounds and using partial doses of complimentary ingredients
- An inside look into actual supplement research
- Judging the plausibility of a new supplement study and when to step back and take a breath
- When does he feel comfortable recommended a new supplement to clients or experimenting with it himself
- The paradox
- Eric's recently published review on L-Citrulline supplements
- L-Citrulline vs Citrulline Malate
- Eric's experience with nootropics
- Recommended nootropics for those new users
- The proclivity of supplement usage among top tier natural bodybuilders
Where to Find Dr. Trexler
Dr. Trexler IG: https://www.instagram.com/trexlerfitness/
Stronger By Science IG: https://www.instagram.com/officialstrongerbyscience/
Stronger By Science Website: https://www.strongerbyscience.com