Episode #98: Mike Rhoten & Axe and Sledge Supplements
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by the Co-Founder of Axe & Sledge Supplements as well as American Made Nutrition -- Mike Rhoten.
In this episode, Mike and I discuss a wide array of topics, including:
- Mikes's origin story in the supplement industry
- The founding of Axe & Sledge SupplementsEarly challenges with opening a brick and mortar operation
- Vetting athletes for supplement brands
- Where did the name "Axe & Sledge" come from?
- Early mistakes with the brands
- Identifying which retail partners to work with
- Juggling two different supplement companies
- Flavoring products for domestic vs international palates
- Pat joins the fun to discuss product formulation
- Deciding when to release a new product
- The Grind Whiskey & Cola
- Mike & Pat's favorite whiskeys, bourbons, and ryes
- and MORE
Where to Find Mike & Axe and Sledge
Mike Rhoten IG: https://www.instagram.com/mikerhoten/
Axe & Sledge IG: https://www.instagram.com/axeandsledge/
American Made Nutrition IG: https://www.instagram.com/americanmadenutrition/
Axe & Sledge Supplements website: https://axeandsledge.com
Before You Go...
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!