Episode #88: Dr. Abbie Smith-Ryan -- Behind the Scenes of Supplement Research
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by Dr. Abbie Smith-Ryan.
Dr. Abbie is an accomplished researcher with a PhD in Exercise Physiology. She is the Director of Applied Physiology Lab at the University of North Carolina as well as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and Sports Nutritionist.
In this episode, Dr. Abbie and I discuss a wide array of topics, including:
- What led Dr. Abbie into research initially
- Identifying topics for research studies
- Industry-funded studies
- Making research more accessible for the average person
- How to identify "quality" research (particularly in regards to supplements)
- PeakO2 vs Beta Alanine
- EAAs vs BCAAs (new research)
- Dr. Abbie's supplementation regimen
- Are probiotics supplements effective?
- Giving supplements to children
- and MORE
Where to Find Dr. Abbie Smith-Ryan
Dr. Abbie's IG: https://www.instagram.com/asmithryan/
Dr. Abbie's Website: https://www.asmithryan.com
Before You Go...
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!