Episode #59: Supplement Formulation, Regulations, and More with Moody & Supplement Snoop
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, Justin Hall, founder of Supplement Snoop, and I team up for a tour de force interview with long-time industry vet -- Moody.
Moody is one of the most educated and well-respected formulators and consultants in the industry having developed several of Justin and me's favorite products over the years.
In this 2+ hour episode, we discuss:
- NPN & Health Canada Regulations for Dietary Supplements
- Ever-changing legal hurdles with supplement formulation
- Quality control with contract manufacturers
- Proprietary blends and "protecting" your designs
- Moody's pre workout design philosophy
- Evolution of consumer demands and desires
- Current state of protein powders
- Taurine deep dive
- BCAAs (yet again...)
- Sleep aids
- Being a "guinea pig" for supplement testing
- Crowd-funded supplement research
- and MORE!
Where to Find Moody & VNDL Project
Moody IG: https://www.instagram.com/neurowiz/
VNDL Project: https://www.instagram.com/vndlproject/
VNDL Website: https://vndlproject.com
Where to Find Supplement Snoop
Supplement Snoop IG: https://www.instagram.com/supplementsnoop/
Supplement Snoop Website: https://www.supplementsnoop.com
Before You Go...
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!