Episode #46: Ben Hartman & Morphogen Nutrition
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by Ben Hartman—Founder of Morphogen Nutrition
In addition to owning Morphogen Nutrition, Ben is also an accomplished natural bodybuilder, competitive powerlifter, and strongman athlete. Ben holds a bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology and a master’s degree in nutrition & dietetics.
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Founding of Morphogen Nutrition
- Early challenges of growing a young brand
- Does social media help or hurt a supplement brand and the industry in general?
- Getting consumers to recognize (and pay for) quality products amidst the sea of prop-blended, pixie-dusted, BOGO offerings that litter the market
- Ben’s methodology to product formulation
- What type of supplements are more enjoyable to formulate — general health or sports performance?
- How much evidence does Ben need to see before an ingredient passes the “barrier to entry” and can be considered worthy of inclusion in a product
- In-depth discussion of Morphobrain and the heavily discussed “Thanos” dose
- Ingredient “synergy” and under dosing ingredients in supplements
- Ben’s thoughts on juggling flavoring vs effectiveness of products
- Highly caffeinated pre workouts and is caffeine “dangerous”
- The true purpose of pre workout supplements
- Caffeine, TeaCrine, and Dynamine
- Should the supplement industry have a higher barrier to entry?
- Ben’s daily supplement stack
Where to Find Morphogen Nutrition
Ben Hartman IG: https://www.instagram.com/morphogenben/
Morphogen Nutrition website: https://www.morphogennutrition.com
Before You Go...
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!