Episode #35: Matt Schifferle & Red Delta Project
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, we take a break from the supplement-intensive talks as I'm joined by Matt Schifferle -- founder of the Red Delta Project, 5th degree black beltin Tae Kwon Do, and PCC Team Leader with Dragon Doors.
I've been a huge fan of Matt's work for several years as we share a love of martial arts, building muscle through bodyweight exercise, and taking a no-nonsense approach to health and fitness.
This episode was a blast, filled with lots of great, easy-to-understand information.
Full Video Interview
In this episode, Matt and I discuss:
- Matt's history in fitness and the founding of the Red Delta Project
- What does the "Red Delta Project" mean?
- Different philosophies or camps of calisthenics ("toning" circuit-style vs party tricks vs muscle building)
- How has his approach to training developed since starting back in 2009
- The roots of grind-style calisthenics
- Matt's daily diet, training, and supplementation regimen
- Challenging the "myths" around bodyweight training and building muscle
- The delicate balance between intensity vs volume and muscle growth
- Challenges with selling honesty, hard work, and simplicity in a fitness world mired in gimmicks, fads, and quick fixes
- What's in store for RDP the remainder of 2019 and into 2020
Red Delta Project IG: https://www.instagram.com/red.delta.project/
Red Delta Project YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/RedDeltaproject
Red Delta Project Website: https://www.youtube.com/RedDeltaproject
Red Delta Project E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org