Episode #25: Rob Kaufman & SteelFit
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by Rob Kaufman, Co-Founder of SteelFit USA.
SteelFit is a sports nutrition company from the makers of Pro Tan® based in south Florida, committed to producing high-quality, physician-formulated supplements for everyone from physique athletes and the casual gym rat.
In this episode, Rob and I discuss:
- Rob's early days working for ProTan
- The founding of SteelFit
- The decision to make SteelFit a separate brand apart from ProTan
- Design philosophy behind SteelFit products
- Patented vs generic ingredients
- Topical creams for fat burning
- Thoughts on keto supplements and will SteelFit release jump into the mix
- Our favorite types of beer
- Rob's current training regimen
- The decision to avoid using distributors and focus on direct-to-consumer
- Are trade shows like the Arnold and Olympia worthwhile to go to for a brand?
- Rob's daily supplement regimen
- Rob's first supplement experience
- Negative supplement experiences
- Upcoming SteelFit product releases for 2019
Full VIDEO interview:
Also, make sure to check out our full review of SteelFit Steel Whey Protein Powder, here: