Episode #24: Ryan Michael Ballow & Cortex Labs
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by Ryan Michael Ballow, a bonafide nootropics expert and founder of Cortex Labs.
This episode goes WAY down the nootropics rabbit hole as Ryan and I discuss a number of topics.
Click below to listen to the interview, or scroll to the bottom of this page to watch the full interview.
In this episode, Ryan and I discuss:
- Ryan's military service
- Challenges with entering the nootropics space and starting Cortex Labs
- Perfecting the Cortex Gen. 1 "Workhorse" Stack
- The decision to not include caffeine in the Cortex Stack
- Using lower doses of synergistic compounds
- Ryan's experience with taking 1200mcg of Huperzine A
- Negative effects from overdosing cholinergic and dopaminergic nootropics
- Potential dangers of healthy individuals using huperzine a everyday
- Nootropic effects of yohimbine
- Importance of cycling nootropics
- Underrated / overrated nootropics
- Thoughts on the ketogenic diet in regards to cognitive function
- Ryan's personal experience running keto for months
- Reputable suppliers from which to purchase bulk nootropics
- What's next for Cortex Labs in 2019
Full video interview:
Cortex Labs Website: https://www.livecortex.com
Cortex Labs YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7J168KE1v4YBr8H2noeMbQ
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!