Episode #22: Matt Mosman & EndurElite
In episode 22 of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm joined by Matt Mosman, MS Exercise Physiology, CISSN, CSCS, and founder of EndurElite.
EndurElite is a sports nutrition company created for endurance athletes by endurance athletes.
Seeing a niche of the market (endurance athletes) that wasn't being adequately served, Matt founded EndurElite with the intent of using efficacious doses of research-backed ingredients to give endurance athletes their best possible performance.
In this episode, Matt and I discuss:
- Matt's origin story in the supplement industry
- Working as a researcher with MusclePharm Sports Science Institute
- Transitioning from consultant to brand owner
- The changing consumer market
- Differences between formulating and advertising for endurance athletes
- Biggest problems with the current endurance supplement market
- Early challenges when starting EndurElite
- "60-second brain bombs"
- Best carb sources for performance
- Nitric oxide boosters and blood flow enhancers for endurance sports
- Why maltodextrin is overrated as an intra workout carbohydrate
- The case for nootropics in endurance-based supplements
- Matt's methodology for formulating supplements
- Importance of resistance-training for endurance athletes
- Exogenous ketones, ketogenic diets, and endurance sports performance
- What's next for EndurElite in 2019
Click here to listen to the full episode