Episode #20: Steve Shaw & Massive Iron -- The BHUD Strikes Back
In this episode of the Supplement Engineer Podcast, I'm re-joined by Steve Shaw of Massive Iron and the editorial director at TigerFitness.com. This interview was conducted in person with Steve (and his lovely wife Fiona) in Ohio as I am in town for the 2019 Arnold Sports Festival.
This episode was a blast to film and goes off the rails more than once! Steve and Fiona are amazing duo and I can't thank them enough for taking the time to talk with me.
In this episode, Steve and I discuss:
- Is beer a supplement?
- Sorting through the cesspool of information available on social media to find valuable information
- Finding balance between managing interactions on social media while still maintaining productivity with work
- The first time I ever spoke to Steve (and the hilarity that ensued)
- Changes in the focus of the fitness industry from strength to bodybuilding to athleticism and functionality
- Led Zeppelin vs Nirvana (this one may surprise you!)
- "Freestyle jazz" in the bedroom
- Steve's music career
- Creating balance between "clean" eating and weekend indulgences
- Present day mindset of choosing to be healthy everyday when you were previously obese
- Warm up sets before using the bathroom
- Intrinsically knowing right from wrong
Super Living Today Website: https://superlivingtoday.com/
Steve Shaw on IG: https://www.instagram.com/bendthebarman/
Massive Iron YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BeardedBeastofDuloc/videos
If you enjoy this podcast and want to see more content like it, please consider leaving a review!